Forum > Development website > Updates for this site!!!

This topic counts 1 page 1
M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 26 August 2008 10:58:27
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

As of today there are several little things changed:

1) if you receive a mail about a grade, you will see the given grade in the mail
2) if you receive a mail avout a reply on your Corrado, it has the reply in the mail body also. (also fixed a bug with the url to your Corrado in some webmail applications)
3) As of today there aren't going to be users deleted without a Corrado after 3 warningmails. But will be reminded every week, till they drop dead

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 26 August 2008 11:13:01
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

Sounds good M4RTiN!!!

How about when browsing pics from the 'Latest showcase picture addition' we can see from which user the pics are? (just an idea-don't know even if it's possible )
And second, why did you removed the 'Hall of Fame' of the Corrado-users with the most points? (I have an idea ofcourse why u did this, lol )

btw, your C is looking spectacular...

Cheers
Nick Z. (a.k.a 'tornado')

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 26 August 2008 11:55:42
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

Hi there Tornado,

We are planning to do that, i will change the screen with the first following update The Hall of Fame was not a success due to cheating (here are your first 10 points etc. etc.)

The hall of fame was meant to be graded on taste, not for popularity. The pointing system still exists but i don't know why exactly It has not much function when everybody gives a 10 to each other

Thanks for the compliments!

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 26 August 2008 13:46:14
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

haha, to be perfectly honest, at the beggining i used to do that also ('cheating'). I stopped when i saw some of your older 'warnings' for users not do that...and i completely agreed with you

Now that's not the case with me and my gradings I just vote according to my personal tastes for the cars and don't care what people may grade me back. But i just can't give any Corrado owner out there less than 5 points If his/hers Corrado is so 'awful' for me, i just prefer not to grade it at all!

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 2 October 2008 22:11:48
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

Tonight i've done some more updates!

* User country flag by nicknames at forum pages
* User country flag on the index by last updates
* User profile page directly links to popup showcase instead of listing it.
* Showcase resize limit has been extended from 500x400 to 640x480
* Country list on the frontpage has been sized down
* Showcase page has been modified, now larger, links to user, going to make button's work to view the next image

That was about it for tonight!

ertanoy ertanoy from Turkey (Central Anatolia) posted @ 2 October 2008 23:12:52
Database Semi-Pro

100 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0i 16V

Country flags is a brilliant idea....

I am not Driving Fast.I am just Flying low...How low can you go

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 2 October 2008 23:13:38
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

Tanx ertanoy!

Jakemeister Jakemeister from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 2 October 2008 23:16:46
Database Addict

713 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

i'm predicting more updates soon>

60% of the time it works all the time.
-- Brian Fantana

Wish Wish from United Kingdom (Englands North) posted @ 3 October 2008 01:06:08
Database Semi-Pro

237 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.9 VR6

Hi M4RTiN / Godless G60 / Justin C, thanks for keeping things current and relevant on the CD, it's getting a nice look and feel to the user experience.

Spoilers Up

Corrado VR6 247/365

Corrado-itis, the illness continues!

PieF PieF from Belgium (Antwerpen) posted @ 3 October 2008 19:15:45
Database Amateur

66 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.0 16V

I already reported it once but still no changes.

When you go to Belgium and to the provence Linmburg you get the Belgian AND Dutch owners from Limburg?

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 3 October 2008 20:42:19
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

Hi Pief, will be fixed but as easy as it seams, thats a shitload of work

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 4 October 2008 11:53:30
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

today i've managed to sharpen the thumbnails more

edit: doesnt work anymore

PieF PieF from Belgium (Antwerpen) posted @ 4 October 2008 15:33:44
Database Amateur

66 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.0 16V

AH ok, but a professional lik you.

jeroen jeroen from Netherlands (Overijssel) posted @ 9 October 2008 15:19:47
Database Semi-Pro

174 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60
1992 Corrado 2.9 VR6

the new update ,latest showcasepics with name is awesome

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 10 October 2008 09:56:09
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

Thanks Jeroen!!

PieF PieF from Belgium (Antwerpen) posted @ 12 October 2008 22:45:15
Database Amateur

66 Topic posts
Private message

1994 Corrado 2.0 16V

Personally I think the flags are beter in the corner of left behind. Now they disturb the thumbs and the name of the country is still under the thumb. :s

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 13 October 2008 15:50:52
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

Thanks Martin for the all the efforts you've made to upgrade the side just a little bit more every time. Compliments to that! It has developed into a real platform for Corrado owners!!

@M4RTiN
[The pointing system ....]
I've got an idea to put some fresh air in the old way of grading each other's Corrados without the nasty side effects. Let me explain what I've come up with. The point of giving grades to each others C's in the first place is to show a kind of appreciation. That still is a good thing to do, because it let us shares mutual interest and bonds us together in a way. Like one big family of Corrado enthusiast. What we don't want is people who grade an other Corrado but actually are looking for more visitors/graders by pleasing an other owner in over complimenting one another in idle terms. Therefore my idea is to introduce categories in which we can grade each other's car. It's irrational to think all Corrado's are equal in one way. There is no accounting for tastes, is there? They are all beautiful, but in there own special kind of way. Some of us are more into tuning up the engine performance, others like to give the C a better appearances. There are also members who will go for a combination of both, where other owners just like to keep things classic - the TLC types so to speak. Therefore it's better to give all C's an equal chance in the grading system so we have to look for characteristics that reflects that unique state of each car. For example let us divide the single pointing system (scale 1 to 10) into a grading system per category. Those categories could be the engine (performance) or modifications, interior, exterior (body kits, colour), rims, exhaust system etc. Or the overall appearances, like car show state, factory or young timer state. You could show this in nice graphs/tables or perhaps like a kind of dashboard layout (speedometer of tachometer). The idea is to enable to give several points per category (let's say 3-points max) but also to keep the option open to grant points to a category at a specific (later) moment in time. This way the grading system becomes more dynamic and interactive. It will encourage the owner to invest time or money to maintain or improve his or her Corrado, because the efforts will (at least I hope) directly result into a higher grading per category. This way there will be a developing state for the car or owner and is stimulates them to keep refining the appearances or performances of his or her car. And this will reflect into the grades the car will receive. The total score won't be a static figure anymore but gives a more reliable picture of reality (the state the car is in) over a long period of time.

To rank the grades in perspective to other owners you good think of giving the members a kind of status. This could be in comparison with the number of people who graded a car. For example a Bronze Member (above 100 graders), a Silver Member (above 250 graders) or a Gold Member (above 500 graders)
You also could think of giving awards (challenge cups) every year in some categories (highest number of points received that year in a specific category).
Perhaps the award for the best runner up, when you've made some extreme improvements to your car or the award for best mechanic when you rebuild your Corrado from scratch.

These are some of my ideas. I

ertanoy ertanoy from Turkey (Central Anatolia) posted @ 15 October 2008 13:06:13
Database Semi-Pro

100 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0i 16V

Well i think MacFly has a point.i think a more detailed grading is better for everyone,if this doesn

I am not Driving Fast.I am just Flying low...How low can you go

Tornado Tornado from Cyprus (Cyprus) posted @ 15 October 2008 13:38:13
Database Addict

517 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60

The grading system as it is (and when i first saw it when i joined this database) has too much problems...One of it is that it encourages users to grade according what the other user previously grade them or to grade someone's car maximum points in the first place, in hope that he/she will grade maximum points back.

From it's nature, to grade someone or someone's car is and never will be 'fair' because tastes differ for every person.Unfortunately, the competition is in the nature of every individual and people who feel that they must 'win' in every cost, will try to do that using any possible way.

So my opinion is that the grading system as it is today, either has to STOP existing or IMPROVE it in some way MacFly's idea seems nice (if something like that is even possible to do-seems a lot of work ) You, and i mean the administrators, have to find a way so the pointing system to be more 'fair' and objective or just stop it at last.

That for now...Nice topic btw

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 27 October 2008 21:05:50
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

We will discuss this pointing system at a later point, thanx for the much needed input!

As for now: i've changed the reply listing screen

- the loading is done by ajax
- Sorting is now "last reply on top"
- smoother layout with flags
- is now limited to 150 reply's (will be later click-able pages)

M4RTiN M4RTiN from Netherlands (Friesland) posted @ 17 November 2008 16:59:02
Database Addict

962 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado R32
1989 Corrado 1.9 TDI

Images can now be moved between showcases

Goda666 Goda666 from Netherlands (Flevoland) posted @ 8 December 2008 17:03:07
Database Semi-Pro

161 Topic posts
Private message

1990 Corrado 1.8 G60