Forum > General Corrado chat > engine help plz

This topic counts 1 page 1
rannat rannat from Denmark (Jylland) posted @ 31 January 2009 00:57:55
Database Noobie

8 Topic posts
Private message

1989 Corrado 1.8 G60

now my car is driving me crasy, bez it is using a lot of fuel and now it runs so badly !! when i push the speeder a little or mutch, then the engine is hesitating and it runs like it is gonna stop every moment... In the morning there is no problem while the engine is cold, but when it gets warm the trouble comes i have put a new fuel filter in the car, but that did,t help.. i have bought new sparkplugs and cables, but that didn`t help...
WHAT CAN IT BE ?????????????

ertanoy ertanoy from Turkey (Central Anatolia) posted @ 31 January 2009 09:08:36
Database Semi-Pro

100 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0i 16V

Well the over consumption is because of the lamda probe (o2 sensor).But the hesitation can have many reasons.
You say you have changed the spark plugs and cables, if there is no problem with the gap in between central and side electrode it has to be from somewhere else.
And that is definetly the throttle body.
Probably too much dirt stuck on it.Have it cleaned.And change the potentiometer while it is taken off.
Cheers

I am not Driving Fast.I am just Flying low...How low can you go

MacFly MacFly from Netherlands (Noord-Brabant) posted @ 31 January 2009 10:07:31
Database Semi-Pro

148 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

Perhaps you could check these links. You say the problem starts when the engine gets warmer, in that case you should read the first link. That explains why the problem starts when the engine gets hot (more inportant the air surrounding the engine). If you have an open air filter that isn't protected enough by a heat shield, the heat the engine produces will interfere the cold air flow. If perhaps the air filter isn't clean (extremely dirty) the problem gets worser. You could compare it with trying to breath through a drinking straw while sitting in a sauna. You'll also run out of air then. I had the same problem with my Corrado and cleaning the air intake solved the problem. For Ertanoy the bottom link solved the problem. Greetz Johan

http://www.corrado-database.nl/forum/index.php?item=forum&subitem=viewtopic&topic_id=534

http://www.corrado-database.nl/forum/index.php?item=forum&subitem=viewtopic&topic_id=619

rannat rannat from Denmark (Jylland) posted @ 31 January 2009 23:16:43
Database Noobie

8 Topic posts
Private message

1989 Corrado 1.8 G60

i did check if it made any difference if i had the hood open while the engine was warm, so that it dident get warm air from the engine, but the story is the same... it is strange, bez all sounds okay when it is cold, but when it is warm, then all gets crasy!!
if the engine is warm and i turn the car off and on aigen, then it begin to go crasy !!! WHAT can it be ??????

jorge jorge from U.S.A. (Texas) posted @ 23 February 2009 08:42:25
Database Noobie

19 Topic posts
Private message

1992 Corrado 2.9 VR6 Turbo

i am still learning about the corrado but the only thing that i can think of is that probably one of the vaccum lines is getting sucked when it gets hot. when they are cold are hard and stay normal but once they get hot it starts to be alot softer,,,, also check the hoses of the canister,, i dont know if i wrote that word rigth i hope you understand what i mean about the canister,,

perroski vr6 turbo

eddy eddy from United Kingdom (Englands North) posted @ 23 February 2009 18:12:40
Database Noobie

28 Topic posts
Private message

1991 Corrado 1.8 G60

have you cheque all hoses the 1 from the TB 2 ecu should be 1m what plugs ( W6DPO ) have a look at theirs links [url]G60 Drivabilliy problems [/url]

PS3 online ID: EDDY2WHEELS

www.youtube.com/user/eddyg60

This topic counts 1 page 1