Forum > General Corrado chat > clutch problems... i think

This topic counts 1 page 1
icpninja420 icpninja420 from U.S.A. (Wyoming) posted @ 29 June 2009 19:07:27
Database Noobie

33 Topic posts
Private message

aigh so on the 24th of june i took my 92 slc to the dealership to have em check out a small coolent leak and a slight valve tap... i got the car back and had troubles getting it into 5th gear. (found problem, no bushings and shift bracket on transaxel has been tampered with)
but 2 days later on saturday i try to go somewhere and first my clutch petal dident come back all the way, pushed on it again and it stoped in the same place when i let off, about 3 inches from where it normally returns. so i reached down and pulled it allthe way back to where it belonged (i dident force it or anything, it came back pretty easy) so i steped on the petal down 3 or 4 more times,every time it returned to the correct place.
so i go to take off and my clutch dident engage where it normally dose, so i let it out even more... clutch dident engage untill the last half inch of my petal, drove not enen a block and my clutch was slipping hardcore!!!
i parked it till today (monday) and took it back to the dealership but i have a full clutch petal today!!!
i crawled under the car and found no visible leaks...
bolth times the engine was 2 days cold, drove it for 50 miles today and no slippin at all!!!

hope yall have an idea of whats goin on cuas im pretty clueless!!!
oh and its a new clutch preassure plate and flywheel as of 20,000 miles ago
jacob

Marnick Marnick from Netherlands (Drenthe) posted @ 29 June 2009 23:26:37
Database Amateur

54 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0 16V
1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

hello

looks like you've got air in your system. i had this problem to i was driving a very long time on the highway in fifth gear and i needed to brake and shift and there was nog clutch pressure pomping the pedal a few time and it was back! so as soon as i got home i '' dont know what the word is'' got all the air out of my system and then the clutch was good! maybe you'le get further whit this info i hope so!

greetz marnick

icpninja420 icpninja420 from U.S.A. (Wyoming) posted @ 29 June 2009 23:39:33
Database Noobie

33 Topic posts
Private message

thanks mann you was way more help than the dealership, bunch of rude pricks there!!!
found a lil shoppe on a corner that bled out my slave cylinder, and unlike the dealership he pointed out that my shift tower thingy on tranny is worn out, and would have to be replaced with a modifyed counter balance thingy... any body know why this is???

Marnick Marnick from Netherlands (Drenthe) posted @ 30 June 2009 20:04:56
Database Amateur

54 Topic posts
Private message

1993 Corrado 2.0 16V
1993 Corrado 2.9 VR6

hmm the only thing i know about the ''weight thingy'' on the gearbox is that you're car will go easier in the gear. i lost this part on the highway and now it shifts a lot harder...

This topic counts 1 page 1